Sunday, October 01, 2006

In the beginning

there was darkness: In terms of knowledge sharing and documentation.

My intention for this blog is to record the learning and lore of my experiences with Linux; mostly so that I keep my documentation in one location. However, I hope to be able to share my information to others that might find this useful.

To the root of the word lore, see the definition below. I am hoping to aim more for (1) and (2) rather than the definition (3).

Lore dictionary.com link
–noun
1. the body of knowledge, esp. of a traditional, anecdotal, or popular nature, on a particular subject: the lore of herbs.
2. learning, knowledge, or erudition.
3. Archaic.
a. the process or act of teaching; instruction.
b. something that is taught; lesson.

Paul Cooley

Other Sites of interest
http://www.cooley.ca
http://www.paulcooley.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very informative and complete... thanks, I found it useful personally.

Rogers Place said...

Nice pages here. Great information. Will visit again and recommend.