This can be accomplished in a variety of ways. However, I'll tell you the one way that I've used that seemed easy to integrate with the Blogger platform.
I am using sitemeter one of the many tracking sites out there.
I admit the following only: their website interface isn't completely smooth. I know what I wanted and for some reason the sitemeter site didn't lead me to it immediately. Maybe they need a step-by-step for the I-am-too-busy-to-read soul?
To add sitemeter.com tracking to your Blogger Blog:
My step-by-step guide
- Sign up for an account: Sign-up to Sitemeter
- Sign in.
- Click on the Manger link [Near the top of the page]
- Click on the HTML code link [on the side bar]
- For those of you Blogger Users (beta users need a different link), click on the Adding Site Meter to a Blogger or Blogspot site
- Use your login/password for blogger, and it can add the Site Meter HTML to your Blogger template.
- Or you can add it yourself
< href="http://s17.sitemeter.com/stats.asp?site=s17yourloginname" target="_top">
< img src="http://s17.sitemeter.com/meter.asp?site=s17yourloginname" alt="Site
Meter" border="0" />
- Simply put the HTML code of Step 7 of the Blogger tracking into your HTML page.